New in the Maker Shed: sugru
We sold sugru at Maker Faire San Mateo and due to the overwhelming response, we now have it online in the Maker Shed! For those that don’t know, sugru is an air curable rubber with millions of uses. It molds like Play-Dough, cures within 24 hours, sticks to nearly anything, and is abnormally tough. I used it to fix my aging MagSafe connector then became addicted. Next, I added some to my space pen (it kept sliding out of my pocket) and a guitar pick (for extended Rocksmith sessions). After that, I decided to embed a tiny NdFeB magnet into a blob and stick it to my iPhone cable. Then I took an identical blob / magnet and stuck it to the back of my dresser. Not only does the blob help me identify the correct way to plug in my phone in the dark, it also keeps the charger hidden behind the dresser until I need it. Dual use and wife friendly! sugru is sold in packs containing 8 – 5 gram packets. It is available in all black, black and white, or multicolor for a more colorful approach.
- Sets in 30 minutes, cures in 24 hours.
- Bonds to aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood, some fabrics, and plastics.
- Removable from most non-porous surfaces.
- Forms by hand.
- Cures at room temperature.
- Waterproof and dishwasher proof when cured.
- Temperature resistant from -58F to 356F
- UV resistant
- Electrically insulating