Try Something New with Your Content (And Watch Your Blog Grow)
Are you stuck in a rut with your content?
Perhaps you think that you’ve hit your stride. You can easily turn out a post that’ll go down well with your audience. You might have a good formula — like always writing list posts, or how to posts.
Maybe you think your audience like knowing what to expect. They want consistency: the same types and lengths of posts each time.
Today, I want to encourage you to branch out. Try something different, just for one post. You might be surprised at the response you get.
Pick one of these that’s different from your usual content:
- A round-up post of great resources in your niche
- A long, in-depth tutorial (if you’re not sure what that might look like, check out The Ultimate Guide to Building a Tribe on Twitter, by Sean Platt)
- A short, inspirational post
- A book or product review
- A humorous post
- A sales-y post for your products — you might want to run a special offer
- A list post (even if you think they’re overrated)
- A video post — this could be of you talking, or a screencast
… and I’m sure you can come up with more. (Feel free to add your ideas in the comments!)
Whenever I’ve taken the risk and published something that felt different from my usual content, I’ve had a great response from my readers. Sure, they like my regular posts — but they also enjoy an occasional change.
You might even find that your new post goes down so well, it nudges you in a whole new direction.
Here’s your challenge: experiment with one new type of post this week … and leave a comment below to let us know what you’ve got planned (or how it went).
Bio: Ali Luke writes a regular column for Daily Blog Tips. If you’d like more blogging tips and tricks from her, check out her three info-packed Blogger’s Guide ebooks.
Original Post: Try Something New with Your Content (And Watch Your Blog Grow)